Welcome to GameHourz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle

 
   Game Forums (Home) -> Flight Sim RSS
Next:  Custom Map Computer AI Solutions  
Author Message
PAPADOC

External


Since: Jan 17, 2005
Posts: 48



(Msg. 1) Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:50 am
Post subject: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle
Archived from groups: comp>sys>ibm>pc>games>flight-sim (more info?)

Can I assign an axis to one of the hats for my rudder? And if I can how in small
words with pictures if you have them. Specifically would be of some help
regarding Lock ON and IL-2

And if you are feeling particularly charitible explain how to get my set up to
work inside of Su-27...not sure what the allure is about that sim....oh wait I
do remember its the superior AI, compared to LockOn.


Thanks in advance for the insults and perhaps some help hehe

PAPADOC
My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html

 >> Stay informed about: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle 
Back to top
Login to vote
Andrew MacPherson

External


Since: Nov 12, 2004
Posts: 172



(Msg. 2) Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:55 am
Post subject: Re: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throt [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

PAPADOC DeleteThis @jimbobs.drive.by (PAPADOC) wrote:

> And if you are feeling particularly charitible explain how to get
> my set up to work inside of Su-27

I think you're out of luck unless you have a gameport joystick (and even
then life can be a bit tricky with XP rather than Win98). I tried all
sorts of messing about last year (I'd still like to beat your mission
before I die!*) but in the end all I got was older and more frustrated.
Flying with the keyboard just isn't the same.

Andrew McP

 >> Stay informed about: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kuno

External


Since: Jan 13, 2006
Posts: 10



(Msg. 3) Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throt [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Bob Church wrote:
>
> On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 00:50:17 -0500, PAPADOC
> wrote:
>
> ...
> I don't know SU27, but axes is axes and rudders is rudders. If it sees
> a rudder axis, the one generated by the Control Manager should be seen
> just fine.
>

Yeah. And beside of that, the CH rudder pedals work just great.
They integrate perfectly into the CH system. Since I have the
pedals I can't imagine anymore how I could fly without them.
Absolutely worth their money.


Greets

Kuno


--
"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to view every
problem as a nail." -Maslow-
 >> Stay informed about: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle 
Back to top
Login to vote
PAPADOC

External


Since: Jan 17, 2005
Posts: 48



(Msg. 4) Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throt [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Have been considering those especially since they are recommended for driving as
well. Does anyone have any experience using them with a MOMO Logitech Force
Feedback...see another one of my addictions is attempting to get below 8 minuts
at the Ring in GPL.

PAPADOC

PS Thanks very much Bob for your usual incredibly fine explanations. Even a
dumbass like me might get it..hehe. Andrew still trying to get a better rating
than you on GPL..probably hopeless.
>
>Yeah. And beside of that, the CH rudder pedals work just great.
>They integrate perfectly into the CH system. Since I have the
>pedals I can't imagine anymore how I could fly without them.
>Absolutely worth their money.
>
>
>Greets
>
>Kuno

My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
 >> Stay informed about: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle 
Back to top
Login to vote
Andrew MacPherson

External


Since: Nov 12, 2004
Posts: 172



(Msg. 5) Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:55 am
Post subject: Re: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throt [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

PAPADOC.RemoveThis@jimbobs.drive.by (PAPADOC) wrote:

> probably hopeless.

I never bettered 8:18, and after a nasty accident with an upgrade and a
deleted partition I have given up GPL in favour of GTL... though still
at the Ring, this time in a Mini most of the time. It makes me grin like
an idiot for some reason, and the improved graphics and driving model
really boost the experience.

Oh, and I believe there's something wild and ex-Soviet about Su-27's
joystick code, which is why it's particularly awkward. I suspect it's a
DX thing... ie they didn't use it.

Andrew McP
 >> Stay informed about: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle 
Back to top
Login to vote
Ariel

External


Since: Mar 07, 2005
Posts: 13



(Msg. 6) Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throt [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Here's a stupid question in reply then: if youhave a CH Pro throttle, why
not assign the mini joystick to the rudder (you've got one? it's a pro
Throttle USB, yes?). Just asking. It's what I do.

Ariel


"PAPADOC" wrote in message

> Can I assign an axis to one of the hats for my rudder? And if I can how in
> small
> words with pictures if you have them. Specifically would be of some help
> regarding Lock ON and IL-2
>
> And if you are feeling particularly charitible explain how to get my set
> up to
> work inside of Su-27...not sure what the allure is about that sim....oh
> wait I
> do remember its the superior AI, compared to LockOn.
>
>
> Thanks in advance for the insults and perhaps some help hehe
>
> PAPADOC
> My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
> www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
 >> Stay informed about: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle 
Back to top
Login to vote
PAPADOC

External


Since: Jan 17, 2005
Posts: 48



(Msg. 7) Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:12 pm
Post subject: Re: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throt [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

hehe...Ok then here is a stupid answer in response to your stupid question in
response to my stupid question...didn't know I could do that..hehe.

How does that work?

Sorry but you are talking to someone who truly is stupid and not making any
bones about it. Anyone who has known me for the last 10 years knows that I am
lost around HTML and any sort of coding.

So proud you might think I am a luddite but no its just that at a certain point
I just said no more.

PAPADOC

>Here's a stupid question in reply then: if youhave a CH Pro throttle, why
>not assign the mini joystick to the rudder (you've got one? it's a pro
>Throttle USB, yes?). Just asking. It's what I do.
>
>Ariel
>
>
>"PAPADOC" wrote in message
>
>> Can I assign an axis to one of the hats for my rudder? And if I can how in
>> small
>> words with pictures if you have them. Specifically would be of some help
>> regarding Lock ON and IL-2
>>
>> And if you are feeling particularly charitible explain how to get my set
>> up to
>> work inside of Su-27...not sure what the allure is about that sim....oh
>> wait I
>> do remember its the superior AI, compared to LockOn.
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance for the insults and perhaps some help hehe
>>
>> PAPADOC
>> My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
>> www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
>

My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
 >> Stay informed about: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kuno

External


Since: Jan 13, 2006
Posts: 10



(Msg. 8) Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throt [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Ariel" wrote:
>
> Here's a stupid question in reply then: if youhave a CH Pro throttle, why
> not assign the mini joystick to the rudder (you've got one? it's a pro
> Throttle USB, yes?). Just asking. It's what I do.
>

He might want to use the mini joystick for what it was designed
for, that is the radar cursor (in combat fighters like the
Falcon, e.g.).

The problem with assigning a hat switch to a rudder axis is that
you try to transform a digital input to an analog output. This
means that you need to introduce another parameter for the
amount of the signal deviation, be it by time (of holding the
switch) or by signal repetition, and in addition you will need
one more switch for the reset to zero, or you content yourself
with only one amount of signal deviation to each side, which
means that you will not get a real axis but rather a simple two
way switch. It's easier to transform an axis into a switch than
vice-versa.


kuno
 >> Stay informed about: Stupid Question regarding CH Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
Jet Fighter 2 - is it around anywhere!? - Hi, I used to play Jet Fighter 2 many years ago on my 386 and in a fit of nostalgia tried to run it again but alas, my disks are corrupt! Anyone know of anywhere where I can get hold of disk images? Cheers squelch41

F/A-18 Precision Strike Fighter - F/A-18 Precision Strike Fighter Does anyone still have the key list in PDF from xicat they can make available ? I just picked up this game and xicat website no longer exisits. Any tips & hints would be nice too... :-)

F/A 18 precision strike fighter - I am new here and was hoping to get that key chart in pdf that someone has. I like the game but I can't remember all the keystrokes. Someone please help

Fighter Ace 3.8 and 3.9 Open Beta found here - https://fighterace.ketsujin.com/

F/A-18 Percision Strike Fighter Key Chart - Hi I am new here and I just got F/A-18 Percision Strike Fighter and I was wondering if any one has the Key chart for this game?
   Game Forums (Home) -> Flight Sim All times are: Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Warning: fopen(/home/adsense_reject.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1142

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1143

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1144



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]